Practical things you might to want to know

Information for stall holders.  Frequently asked questions. FAQ

Where will the stalls be?

The regatta will be held on the Hythe Quay in Maldon.  Stall holders need to note that guy ropes cannot be secured in the ground as there is a concrete surface.  


You can arrive to set up from 8.30am but must have removed your vehicle to the car park by 9.30am in readiness for a 10am start.  Please don't arrive earlier than this as the regatta team are fully occupied marking out stall spaces and setting up other amenities.  The shore side stalls will continue until 4.30pm, it is not possible to allow cars/vans the area before this time for clearing away.  All stalls and vehicles must be clear of the quay by 5.00pm.

Where will I be?

While you may request to have your stall in a particular position and we will try to accommodate you, please be aware this is not always possible because it is dependent upon the number and type of stalls we are trying to cater for.  You will be shown to your pitch on your arrival.

Where can I unload and then park?

Cars/vans have access to the quay from 0830am to 9.30am.  On arrival you will be given a parking ticket for the car park in the Promenade Park which will allow you to park for free until 6.00pm.  The Promenade Park is accessed from Park Drive.  On your arrival at the Quay, a marshal will meet you and guide you to your pitch.

What do I need to bring for my stall?

We only provide the space for your stall and electrical power if ordered and paid for in advance.  Therefore you will need to bring everything you need for your stall and your comfort eg. tables, power cables, awning, chair etc.  Please note that there is no extra space outside your pitch for trailer and stock.

What type of stalls?

Occasionally we have to turn down applications for stalls, for example if we have too many  offering the same products or services.  We encourage small independent businesses, a proportion of 'not for profit' organisations and those with a nautical theme.  

 Do I need insurance?

If your stall is a commercial concern you will need public liability insurance.  We must have received a copy of this with your booking.  If your stall is dealing with food you must also have a food hygiene certificate and a copy of this must be sent with your booking form.  Booking cannot be accepted without the appropriate certification being submitted in advance.

Is there anything else that I need to consider? 

Although it is highly unusual, there is a possibility that at high tide the water may flood over the quay and this may affect some stalls near the quay edge. It is advisable therefore to bring plastic boxes (and wellie boots!) to protect your stock.